How will Betsy DeVos respond to the fact that her defunct All Children Matter organization owes Ohio a $5.3 million fine?
The Ohio Elections Commission found that the federal and Ohio All Children Matter PACs violated Ohio campaign laws. The Commission levied fines of $5.3 million and the court upheld the fines. Former House member Steve Dyer provides a narrative of the origin and chronology of this money laundering matter.
The All Children Matter organization was disbanded and the fines were never paid.
Violation of Ohio election laws have landed some Ohio public officials before judges in the Ohio court system. Some have paid fines.
So why should DeVos be let off the hook?
William L. Phillis, Ohio Coalition for Equity & Adequacy of School Funding
- Fordham Institute: Betsy DeVos A “Wily” Reformer
- Betsy DeVos Brings Plenty Of Anti-Public Education Baggage To The U S. Department of Education
- DeWine And Husted Spend $1.5 Million Defending Republican Attacks On Voting Rights
- Texas Abortion Law Ruling Opens Challenges To Equally Unconstitutional Laws In Other States Including Ohio
- Brown, Strickland Pile On DeWine For Wasting Taxpayer Dollars To Challenge Overtime Laws