On Tuesday The Slot published a telling video of John Kasich from his 1999 presidential campaign talking about his so-called “values”: “You know what the values tell you? Why are you 15 years old and letting some boy take advantage of you?” says Kasich. “You shouldn’t be doing that.”
The Slot’s writer follows up nicely with some of Kasich’s recent anti-woman antics:
“It’s an old and exhausting idea: teenage boys are responsible for exploring their sexuality, and girls are responsible for keeping their legs together. In fact, Kasich has a record of supporting legislation that punishes women for being sexually active. In his time as governor of Ohio, Kasich signed every restriction on abortion and family planning that crossed his desk. And, even though he is publicly supportive of the rights of rape victims to receive abortion services, in 2014, Kasich signed a budget that included a “gag rule,” which forbade state-funded rape crisis counselors from referring survivors to abortion clinics. The budget also stripped funding from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers”
Sadly, the above description provides only a brief history of Kasich’s misogyny on the campaign trail and in office. The actual list is quite long.
For example, a few weeks ago he asked a women if she had ever been on a diet and then described all the likely occasions when she cheated on her diet.
It seems each and every week Kasich is caught making similarly disparaging remarks about women – very often directly to their faces.
Here’s a short list of all the women Kasich has insulted in recent memory:
- Young women – 18 year old reporters just want “Taylor Swift tickets”
- Older women – Old folks will ‘get over’ his medicare cuts
- Hispanic women – Give that “Latina Maid” a tip!
- African American Women – “I don’t need your people”
- Female teachers – They need to stop gossiping in teachers’ lounges
- Rich Republican women – “I don’t know about you, lady…”
- His own wife – She’s “hot” and “makes all the minor decisions”
- Sexually assaulted women: “Just let it go”
- Mitt romney’s wife – She’s “at home doing the laundry”
- The girlfriend of a guy at the BMV – “Is this your mother?”
- His female staffers – Pay them less. A LOT less.
- The nearly-zero women on his cabinet: ” I really wish I could get some guys around me” (also this!)
- Any women who feel insulted by his comments – “Let’s also get a sense of humor back in America, OK?”
Please stay tuned as we continue to update this list with Kasich’s latest anti-female rants.
Categories2018 2020 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Presidential Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights