There’s much that I don’t understand about the new president, but most of all, I don’t understand how he got here. Consider:
- He is the same super hawk who managed to dodge the draft with five deferments. Right! FIVE. One-two-three-four… FIVE!
- Despite his avowed fondness for the evangelical Christian culture, he unblushingly boasted that he groped a female’s “pussy”, and he wasn’t talking about the neighbor’s cat.
- His staunch defense of his role model Vladimir Putin, the powerful dictator who doubtless engineered the cyber attack on Hillary Clinton’s emails.
- His refusal to release his income tax records, then and now.
- His vow to “drain the swamp” and since adding some of the rinsed billionaires to his cabinet while pretending to be a friend of the forgotten working class.
- His branding of all criticism as “false news” fashioned by the most “dishonest press” in history and served by “crooked Hillary”. (How about a false presidency as defined by our normal expectations of the job.)
As you can see, I want my country back. But as he once crowed, he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote. Why?
No related stories.