There’s much that I don’t understand about the new president, but most of all, I don’t understand how he got here. Consider:
- He is the same super hawk who managed to dodge the draft with five deferments. Right! FIVE. One-two-three-four… FIVE!
- Despite his avowed fondness for the evangelical Christian culture, he unblushingly boasted that he groped a female’s “pussy”, and he wasn’t talking about the neighbor’s cat.
- His staunch defense of his role model Vladimir Putin, the powerful dictator who doubtless engineered the cyber attack on Hillary Clinton’s emails.
- His refusal to release his income tax records, then and now.
- His vow to “drain the swamp” and since adding some of the rinsed billionaires to his cabinet while pretending to be a friend of the forgotten working class.
- His branding of all criticism as “false news” fashioned by the most “dishonest press” in history and served by “crooked Hillary”. (How about a false presidency as defined by our normal expectations of the job.)
As you can see, I want my country back. But as he once crowed, he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote. Why?
Categories2018 2020 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights