The PAC that Billionaire Betsy DeVos chaired and helped fund owes Ohio $5.3 million in fines for illegal actions while promoting charter schools in Ohio. Laundering money in her zeal to charterize Ohio was the issue.
This matter was recently aired on the U.S. House floor, but the fine will not likely be paid. Although the DeVos confirmation vote has been delayed twice, she will probably be confirmed.
Despite the outstanding fines, Ohio Governor John Kasich wrote a glowing letter of recommendation about DeVos to Lamar Alexander, chair of the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education and Labor. (See below)
The DeVos family has donated $25,000 to John Kasich since 2012.
- Trump’s Education Pick Owes Ohio $5.3 Million In Fines For School Privatization Effort
- Betsy DeVos PAC Still Owe’s $5.3 Million For Breaking Ohio Campaign Finance Laws
- Fordham Institute: Betsy DeVos A “Wily” Reformer
- Betsy DeVos Showed “Lack Of Knowledge And Experience” In Hearings
- Diane Ravitch: Betsy DeVos Is “Bad News” For Students And Teachers