Plunderbund recently broke the news that ECOT, Ohio’s largest online charter school, “appears to have overcharged the state of Ohio for nearly 35 million dollars in the 2014-15 school year, one third of the school’s total funding for the year” by overstating its enrollment numbers.
A few days later we found out that House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger spoke at ECOT’s graduation ceremony this year, following a long list of prominent Republicans to fill that roll.
For example, John Kasich spoke at the 2011 ECOT graduation. Republican Supreme Court Justice Terrence O’Donnell spoke in 2013. In 2014, House Speaker Bill Batchelder spoke at the ECOT graduation ceremony and a year later, after retiring from the Ohio House, joined the lobbying firm representing ECOT. Last year Ohio Auditor David Yost spoke at the graduation.
Here’s how much ECOT Founder Bill Lager has personally contributed to each of those Republicans:
Nothing to look at here. Move along.
- Key Ohio Officials Doing Business With The ECOT Family Of Businesses
- The Appalling Reason We Can’t Trust Anything ECOT’s Commercials Say
- ECOT Teacher Explains School’s Attendance Policy
- ECOT Enrollment “Anomalies” Occur At All Grades, Not Just Grade 10
- House Speaker Paul Ryan Boards Trump Train, Leaving Lame Duck Kasich Alone In His Own Lane