House Republicans released their revised budget bill this afternoon and it effectively changes or eliminates most of Kasich’s major budget priorities.
- Medicaid Expansion is out.
- Severance Tax and everything else related to Oil and Gas is out.
- Sales Tax Expansion is out.
- Income Tax cut is down to 7% and it’s being paid for with money from JobsOhio and revenue growth.
- School Funding has been reworked to increase per-pupil funding to $5732.
- The parent trigger is out but the voucher expansion is in.
- Internet retailers will now need to collect sales taxes
- “Religious” employers get an exemption from civil rights laws preventing discrimination based on religion in hiring
- House Republicans snuck in a provision to defund Planned Parenthood.
We’ll be provided further analysis soon. In the mean time,the list of changes is included below. Take a look for yourself and let us know what kind of craziness you can find.