Last Night Clint Eastwood held a debate with an empty chair. (Winner: chair.)
Here is the headline from most morning papers:
In the great Twenty-First Century American tradition, this has spawned a new meme: Eastwooding. Eastwooding is a picture of someone having an argument with an empty chair.
We think credit goes to Dave Weigel (@daveweigel) at Slate for posting one of the first examples:
So we thought it was time for another contest. #EastwoodingOhio. We are looking for the best example of Eastwooding that also expresses something about Ohio. Maybe someone will #EastwoodingOhio with an empty chair in Ohio Stadium tomorrow. Perhaps someone will #EastwoodingOhio in the Statehouse or on the ferry to Put-in-Bay. You are limited only by your imagination. (Oh, and not that we have to remind you, but this is a family site so keep it clean.)
Here’s how to enter:
- Upload your example of #EastwoodingOhio to Facebook (tag Plunderbund or upload directly to our page)
- Post on your Twitter account using hashtag #EastwoodingOhio.
- Put a link or add an image to a comment on this post.
- Email entries to email@example.com – be sure to use #EastwoodingOhio in the subject line.
There are 3 divisions:
- Found images
- Taken images
- Altered/Photoshopped images
The winner in each division will receive the people’s ovation and fame forever. (H/T Iron Chef Japan.) We might also dig up some t-shirts or some stickers or something.
The deadline is 5:00pm Monday evening. So get those iPhone cameras working!
Here are some examples we photoshopped to spur your imagination:
No related stories.