(HT to Anthony Caldwell of SEIU on our FB page)
Starting on the 18th, the SEIU is holding as part of the “We Are Ohio” Campaign Petition Circulator training sessions throughout the State of Ohio. You must undergo the training to be a petition circulator so that you learn how to avoid mistakes that could lead to signatures being invalidated. Since we’ve yet to get language approved for the ballot issue by Attorney General Mike DeWine (who has through Monday to rule on the submission made on Monday, April 4th), we’re still not able to circulate the petitions yet.
Please sign up to attend one of the training sessions listed below:
- April 18th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Cincinnati, OH
- April 19th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Youngstown, OH
- April 20th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Cleveland, OH
- April 21st, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Toledo, OH
- April 23rd, 2011 (10 a.m.)- Athens, OH
- April 23rd, 2011 (3 p.m.)- Portsmouth, OH
- April 26th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Akron, OH
- April 27th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Dayton, OH
- April 28th, 2011 (7 p.m.) – Columbus, OH
Locations for the above are TBA later.
[UPDATE I:] The Ohio AFL-CIO is also putting on training sessions, you can see their schedule and RSVP by going to their website and contact the person coordinating the training session in your community. (These may be open only to members of the union, I don’t know yet.)
[UPDATE II:] And here’s AFSCME’s signup (Council 8, OCSEA, OAPSE) for the training sessions they’re putting on as well.
If you know of any other training sessions, please send them to me at brianh-at-plunderbund-dot-com.
(We’re hope to get a definitive list from We Are Ohio soon.)