Plunderbund has spoken to people who have seen a draft of the JobsOhio legislation that’s headed to committee today. We’ll have a much more detailed analysis coming up but I wanted to give you a quick overview of the GIGANTIC ethics and transparency problems this bill has.
- JobsOhio and its staff are not subject to audits by the Auditor of State
- JobsOhio and its staff are not subject to the state ethics law
- JobsOhio and its staff are only partially subject to state lobbying laws
- JobsOhio employees are exempt from definition of state employees and ineligible for PERS
- JobsOhio is not subject to public records law
- And the GOVERNOR is EXEMPT from public records law when acting as chair
Remember when John Kasich said he’s “all about transparency”?
Categories2018 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights