Live by the sword, you die by it I guess. The next time you hear a conservative blowhard talk about supporting the troops, remind them that at midnight last night the GOP delayed a vote on “funding the troops” in order to delay health care reform. Only 3 (count ’em 3) Republicans voted with Democrats to end debate and vote on the measure. 33 actually voted against the troops. You’ll note the silence on this among the wingnut blogosphere.
What was in it?
– More than $100 billion operations and maintenance, and military personnel requirements for ongoing military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to support preparations to continue withdrawal from Iraq.
– More than $23 billion for equipment used by our service members in Iraq and Afghanistan ? including critical funds to accelerate the deployment of new mine-resistant vehicles
– More than $150 billion to increase readiness and training of our troops.
– Nearly $30 billion for health care for service members and their families.
– A 3.4% pay increase for our brave service men and women.
Holding the troops hostage because they don’t want health care reform and wish to harm this President and Congress in any way possible to win back some measure of power in 2010. Pathetic. Absolutely, positively pathetic!
White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer collects some great quotes from Republicans in years past that point straight to the hypocrisy.
I can’t wait to see Dems turn this into an ad. Oh…wait…
Categories2018 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights