Do you support freedom? Then support Banned Books Week and read a book next week. Specifically, read one of the many books that people try to ban every year, all across this great land. Here’s a list of the top 10 books last year.
- And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- Olive?s Ocean by Kevin Henkes
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- TTYL by Lauren Myracle
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- It?s Perfectly Normal by Robie Harris
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Celebrate your freedom, and thumb your nose at people who would restrict your right to read.