Big surprise, right? Republicans flat-out lie. Here’s the rundown:
- Palin lied about the “thanks but no thanks” portrayal of the Bridge to Nowhere.
- Palin lied about Obama’s legislative accomplishments (claiming he had none).
- Palin lied about Obama’s tax plan, which will reduce the tax burden on most families far more than McCain’s.
- McCain lied about Palin being “in charge” of 20% of our nation’s energy supply. He also was deceptive in calling Alaska our “largest state”. It is in square miles. It’s 47th largest in population.
- McCain lied when he said that “national security” is one of Palin’s “primary responsibilities”. When National Guard units are on federal duty, they are not under the command of governors.
- Mitt Romney lied when he said that Washington is “liberal”. Dude – Democrats have had a slim control of congress for less time then Palin has been governor of Alaska… under a Republican President. Before that, it was 6 years of Bush + GOP Congress. C’mon.
The GOP won’t let the truth get in the way of their narrative. Which is incredibly condescending to the American public.
Categories2018 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights