An interesting poll from Woman’s Day magazine asked 1500 women what they are looking for in a presidential candidate.
Here are some of my favorite results:
What is the most important character trait for a president?
- Honesty 47%
- An ability to connect with “regular” people – 21%
- A tough, take-charge personality – 21%
- An even-tempered demeanor – 7%
- Strong religious faith – 4%
Which of these on-screen presidents would you be most likely to vote for?
- Harrison Ford, Air Force One – 46%
- Martin Sheen, The West Wing – 20%
- Geena Davis, Commander in Chief – 17%
- Michael Douglas, The American President – 17%
Choose the best celebrity candidate:
- Oprah Winfrey – 30%
- Donald Trump – 28%
- George Clooney – 24%
- Bono – 12%
- Angelina Jolie – 6%
How public should the president be concerning his or her religion?
- The president’s religious affiliation should be a private matter 52%
- Somewhat?he/she should participate in religious holidays 30%
- Very?religion should be a part of his/her daily life 18%
Could you vote for a candidate who is obese?
- Yes 63%
- No 37%
No related stories.