2decide.com has a good spreadsheet outlining the positions of each presidential candidate on 25 important issues.
Most candidates, as expected, toe the party line on most issues. For example, all of the Democrats support Universal Healthcare while all of the Republicans are against it.
But there are a number of exceptions that seem worth highlighting…
* Giuliani is the only Republican who supports abortion rights and same-sex civil unions.
* Giulani, McCain and Thompson are the only Republicans in favor of Embryonic Stem Cell research.
* McCain is the only Republican againt drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
* Paul is the only Republican against the Patriot Act, the war in Iraq, Iran Military Action and Iran Sanctions
* Paul and McCain, unlike the rest of the Reps, are against Guantanamo and Torture.
* All of the Dems (like the Reps) are in favor of the border fence except Gravel, Kucinich and Richardson.
* Paul, Brownback and Tancredo are the only Republicans against the troop surge in Iraq.
* Huckabee is the only Republican that supports an increase in the minimum wage.
* All of the Dems are against same sex marriage except Gravel and Kucinich.
* Paul, McCain and Giuliani join the Democrats in opposing a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
* Mike Huckabee is the only Republican that supports net neutrality.
Categories2018 Activism Budget Civil Rights Congressional Races Economy ECOT Education Environment Fair Elections Federal Governor's Race Governor DeWine Guns Health ICYMI Justice Labor LGBT Ohio Legislature Plunderbund Plunderbund Action Portman Safety Senate Race State State Government Statehouse Races Statehouse Races Swing State Voices Taxes and Spending Trump Women's Rights