I had to pull out the best lines in what is one of the best and funniest smackdowns in some time on national news. I was talking with a buddy and he said that CNN appears to have just snapped on the continual whistling of the Bush administration over Iraq.
So here’s the rundown, as reported by Michael Ware:
- “Well, I’d certainly like to bring Senator McCain up to speed if he ever gives me the opportunity”
- “None of the American Generals here on the ground have anything like Senator McCain’s confidence”
- “I mean, Senator McCain’s credibility now on Iraq…is now been left out hanging to dry”
- [laughing] To suggest that there is any neighborhood in this city where an American can walk freely is beyond ludicrous”
- “I’d love Senator McCain to tell me where that neighborhood is and he and I can go for a stroll”
- “I mean, in the hours since Senator McCain has said this I’ve spoken with some military sources and there was laughter down the line”
- “So no, Senator McCain is way off base on this one”
- “I can answer this very quickly Wolf: No”
- “I don’t know what part of Neverland Senator McCain is talking about when he says we can go strolling in Baghdad”
And, seriously. I think I left one or two out. Michael Ware had his smackdown set to automatic. Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat. Damn son!
Now we see Neverland John not only hanging out to dry, but also twisting in the wind as Think Progress reports he’s trying to wiggle out of it. Hilarity! Aravosis at Americablog wants everyone to call McCain to enquire about the wonderful neighborhood in Iraq. Maybe we can all get some Triptiks and head over?
This whole story is in almost hourly rotation now. Expect crickets from the right and Fox News. Or better yet, some story of a school being painted or memories of purple fingers.
No related stories.